The personal involvement, motivation and commitment of all members of the team, as well as the increasing encouragement of the hotel's guests, led the establishment on the path of "Sustainable Tourism"
The Best Western Hotel Graslin has set up a sustainable development policy: waste reduction, low-consumption LED bulbs in all rooms and public areas of the hotel, reduction of water and electricity consumption, as well as paper and packaging.
In 2012, the hotel was rewarded for its good environmental management and receives for the first time the French label Clef Verte. This label is a great reward for the efforts made and a great encouragement for the future. Since then, our hotel has renewed this label every year.
How many millions of liters of water are used, how many tons of waste are discarded, how many kWh of electricity consumed for a single year in a single hotel?
In order to limit unnecessary packaging and the waste of soaps, shower gels and shampoos, the Best Western Hotel Graslin has set up natural and ecological washing gels dispensers.
The criteria of the Green Key label
- Environmental approach : action plan, awareness of the team and partners.
- Energy management : purchase of "green" electricity, economic light bulbs, reasoned heating, equipment and economic uses, monitoring of consumption.
- Waste management : selective sorting, reduction of waste at the source, limitation of individual packaging.
- Water management : equipment and economic uses.
- Responsible purchasing : environmentally friendly cleaning products, priority to local products, fresh and seasonal.